I'm back! I apologize for not posting for almost two weeks. It's been crazy here in Ames. February is absolutely packed, all with good things, but still packed! This post took me a little longer than I thought it would, but nevertheless, here it is.
One of my goals with blogging is connecting with you and allowing to you see who I am I did some searching and found a list of 73 questions that Vogue commonly uses and changed them a little to fit me. So… here goes nothing!
(The amazing photos accompanying this post were taken by Sydney Rosenboom!)
1. What’s the best thing that happened to you this month? Although February isn't even close to over and I have some fun things still lined up, I would have to say my highlight so far was definitely the Salt Company Spring Conference.
2. What are you inspired by? I'm inspired by fashion, music, nature, graphic design, magazines, people, and experiences traveling.
3. What is something that recently moved you? Not to focus a ton on Salt Company, but there is just something about the voices of hundreds of college students joining together to praise God whether at events like the conference or every week at our large groups on Thursdays. Every time I can't help but look around and think about how lucky I am to be a part of something so dang special.
4. If you could teach one subject in school what would it be? English or Photography
5. What’s your favorite beverage? Caramel Latte
6. Favorite blogs? Gal Meets Glam, Dani Austin, Lonestar Southern
7. What is your favorite dessert? My mom's chocolate chip cheesecake.
8. What is one thing you still have from your childhood? In the physical sense- I have my first ever pair of ballet shoes which are extremely special to me. More abstractly- I still have my curiosity for learning new things.
9. What is your favorite movie? Something you might not guess about me is I absolutely love Marvel movies (Captain America). But I'm also a sucker for Nicholas Sparks movies (Longest Ride).
10. What is something you can’t do? Whistle or roll my "R"s
11. What is a bad habit you wish you could break? Cracking my knuckles and staying up late to work on things
12. What makes you laugh no matter what? Watching old family videos
13. What does creativity mean to you? Being able to find inspiration in many aspects of the world around you and finding a way to transform that into something uniquely you.
14. What is your favorite song at the moment? I absolutely love "Rain" by Kings Kaleidoscope and "So Will I (100 Billion X)" by Hillsong United.
15. What is something you’ve always wanted to try but you’ve been too scared to do? I've always wanted to try singing in front of a large group of people since I love to sing so much, but I've always been too nervous.
16. Best advice for your 15 year old self? God could not be less good to you. Live faithfully and contently according to the path he has you on - there is a reason you're on it.
17. If you could raid one woman’s closet who would it be? Julia Engel
18. Must have purse item? Burt's Bees Chapstick hands down
19. What did you want to do with your life at age 12? My career aspirations always depended on things I had encountered. When my family visited the Kennedy Space Center, I wanted to be an astronaut. Because of the teaching supplies my mom had around the house, I wanted to be a teacher. I think around the age of 12 though, I fluctuated between wanting to be a marine biologist and a fashion designer.
20. What is the best thing about being the oldest sibling? Getting to go into new situations with few expectations and getting to see my younger siblings grow up and learn from my mistakes :)
21. What is an important life lesson for someone to learn? Your worth is not determined by anyone or anything on this earth.
22. What is one goal you are determined to achieve in your lifetime? Have my work published in a national magazine or attend New York Fashion Week.
23. Would you ever live anywhere besides the Midwest? I loved growing up in the Midwest and I've loved going to school in the Midwest as well. I wouldn't be against raising a family in Wisconsin but if the opportunity presented itself, I would be more than willing to live elsewhere.
24. Diamonds or pearls? Pearls- they are so classic and chic.
25. Heels or flats? Definitely depends on the occasion, but I love a good pair of heels.
26. It’s brunch! What do you eat? Chocolate chip pancakes and fresh fruit
27. Favorite musical? Hamilton, no question about it. The soundtrack is AMAZING!
28. Favorite Disney movie? When I was little my favorite Disney movie was Cinderella, but now I have to go with Moana.
29. What is a book you are planning on reading? Cultivate by Lara Casey
30. What did you read most recently? This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
31. Favorite Christian bands/artists? Crowder, Hillsong United, Gungor
32. What’s your favorite board game? I'm a sucker for Clue.
33. What’s a country you wish to visit? Australia
34. Favorite color? Navy Blue
35. Where will your next road trip be to? As huge Fixer Upper and Chip and Joanna Gaines fans, my sister and I have been dying to go to Waco to visit Magnolia Market.
36. What would you do if you had a free day? I would wake up, relax with a cup of coffee and my Bible, hang out and go out to eat with friends, dance just for fun, and talk to my family.
37. What’s your favorite exercise? I've been loving Yoga and Barre recently.
38. What is one thing you're extremely proud of? I'm proud of my confidence in my self as well as my ability to embrace and thrive in new/unusual situations.
39. What is your favorite animal? Penguins
40. What do you usually eat for breakfast? When I'm not at school my family will eat a more extensive breakfast, but currently I eat a granola bar or some cereal. If I have extra time, sometimes I'll make pancakes.
41. Favorite meal? My mom makes this amazing chicken wild rice dish with peppers, cashews, and a vinaigrette. I usually request it every time I come home and for my birthday meal because it's just that good.
42. Favorite restaurant? A restaurant called D LUX in Madison, WI. My family only goes there for special occasions, but they have the best burgers and milkshakes.
43. Favorite baked good? Pumpkin bread, no matter the season!
44. What is something you wish you could be better at? Saying no.
45. Do you sing in the shower? The car? Is that even a question? Yes and Yes!
46. Favorite thing about blogging? I love that blogging is a way to express myself, learn new things and keep my friends and family updated on my life.
47. Favorite designer? I have always adored Elie Saab. His designs are always feminine, detailed, and ethereal.
48. What color was your prom dress? Junior prom: Navy, Senior Prom: Black and Silver
49. How do you manage stress? I stay organized to keep my commitments and responsibilities in order and then schedule time to relax whether that means taking a break and watching TV or going to hang with friends.
50. What do you do to relax? Watercolor paint
51. Favorite of the 50 States? Alaska
52. Any pets? Sadly no. I'm eager for when I'll be able to get my own dog.
53. Favorite magazine? Vogue
54. Best fashion advice you’ve ever received? Being a trendsetter means not asking questions and not apologizing for what you wear or what you do. Anything can be a trend as long as you're being confident in what you're doing, people will be more so drawn to the confidence than anything.
55. Most recent fashion purchase? I just recently gave in and bought a pair of Chelsea rain boots I had been admiring from Target. Best part? I got them for $10.
56. Shoes or Bags? Shoes
57. Birthday? February 22 (aka less than two weeks!)
58. Television show you’ve been hooked on recently? This is Us
59. Who do you turn to when you’re sad? My mom, my sister, or my closest friends.
60. Name one thing you’ve learned the hard way? The value and importance of patience and trust.
61. Favorite stores? J.Crew Factory, Target
62. What is your Kryptonite? Random acts of kindness (even just random texts)
63. What are you most enchanted by? The diversity of humanity and their gifts and experiences.
64. What is your biggest strength? Authenticity or Creativity
65. What is your biggest weakness? Tunnel vision
66. What are 3 words to describe your style? Classic, Preppy, Bold
67. Cutest thing on planet earth? Babies and Puppies
68. Essential accessories? Watch, monogram necklace, pearl studs
69. Best first date idea? Something that allows for conversation- a hike, picnic, and night under the stars. I've also always wanted to go to a drive in movie.
70. Early riser or night owl? College has taught me to be both.
71. What are three qualities you look for in your friends? Authenticity, Loyalty, Compassion
72. What’s your guilty pleasure? Watching dance videos on YouTube... Oops!
73. Plans for the weekend? Well this weekend is coming to a close, but I'm really excited to be attending Alpha Delta Pi District Leadership Conference as my chapter's Scholarship Chair. We will be headed to Illinois to meet and learn from other leaders in our district.
Well, there it is! It took me a while; I had to think long and hard about some of the questions! I hope that my answers to these 73 somewhat random questions helped you get a feel for who I am. My goal is to be real and honest. I want you to actually get to know me and all of my quirks. If you made it all the way through this post, thanks for reading!