Happy 2018! Wowza, 2017 was a blur. It is honestly crazy to think about just how much happened in the last 12 months. Not every moment was perfect, but I definitely learned a lot from the overwhelming blessings and obstacles that the year brought.
I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions. However, I think the beginning of the year is the best time to reflect, update past goals, and create new ones. My reflections and realizations from the past year help to frame my goal setting for the coming year. I hope these thoughts will inspire and challenge you, just writing this post was so fun for me because I got to review all I've learned and accomplished as well as dream for the future.
- Being content is hard, but so so worth it.
- Laughter is truly the best medicine.
- Genuine, godly friendships are so sweet.
- If God is incapable of being any less good to me, there is a purpose for every situation.
- My classes have affirmed it, I love what I'm studying.
- Community is not something to be taken for granted.
- The world is so big and God is so good.
- Vulnerability ≠ Weakness
- Backing up your devices is very important (I almost lost everything on my computer).
- Spontaneous phone calls or texts are the best on both ends.
- Some things are worth the money or time.
- It is good to set big goals as long as you have detailed plans.
- Continue to practice contentment, but be honest about the pain or struggle.
- Choose GRACE and PURPOSE, not perfection (Grace, Not Perfection by Emily Ley and Cultivate What Matters Goal Setting with Lara Casey).
- Schedule regular intentional time with friends.
- Journal and read the Bible every day (Read Scripture app).
- Consistently, at least once a week, publish posts here on Madison from Madison.
- Be the first one to ask others questions, practice listening.
- Have more photoshoots with friends.
- Authentically post on social media, don't feel forced.
- Plan more FaceTime dates with family and friends.
- Travel with friends.
- Go to sleep earlier, don't succumb to the late night burst of energy.
- Set aside time to be creative, relax, and practice self care.
- Try to take a dance class or two.
- Reach out to and collaborate with brands.
- Seek out inspiration.
- Take more photos, and appreciate the beauty in nature, people, situations, etc.
- Eat more healthy snacks.
- Visit my sister at college in Virginia.
I am excited about the year ahead and working towards all of these goals. I know it's not going to be easy, but by focusing on all of these goals I am convinced I'll be able to make the absolute best of 2018! I'm going to print out these goals and place them prominently in my room as a reminder. I hope you'll join me in all of my adventures this year. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the new blog design!